After having done the more representational paintings of the jar, I then moved on to develop a more abstract approach based on colour and texture. Since I haven’t really used oil paints before, I really liked experimenting with mixing in and dripping turps down it. This became the basis for allot of my paintings, and I think that they came out quite well.
After I had created these textures, I then went into with more block colours, to create a more graphic overlay.
I also really liked how the oils would stay workable for a considerable amount of time, allowing me to experiment with carving into layers to reveal colour underneath.