As part of the textiles pattern project, we used overhead projectors to enlarge various items onto the wall. We then put up big sheets of paper and used these projected shadows as basis for outlines and textures, that we drew in onto the paper.
In our group we made a mistake of using acrylic paint as one of the first layers. This took forever to dry meaning that we couldn’t use other media on top quickly, and we didn’t have enough time to wait for it to dry. Despite this we did our best to carve through the paint to get some sort of line on top, however, I feel that if we had had enough time to wait for it to dry, the pattern would have come out allot better.